Top 5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Consultation
Whether you’re coming in to talk with us about plastic surgery in New York or visiting a doctor across the country, you should plan to make the most of your consultation time. We’d like to share some tips to help you do that.
No, you don’t have to follow each suggestion to have a productive consultation! But in our experience, the more effort you put in to preparing for the appointment, the more you will get out of it. Consider these ideas:
1. Research your plastic surgeon’s practice before visiting. The more you know about his or her background—including which procedures seem to be marketed most heavily and which are not—the more you can tell about what that plastic surgeon really enjoys doing. If you’re seeking a procedure that’s barely visible on the website, that could indicate something you should know.
2. Bring a list of questions with you. Not only will your list help you remember what to ask, just the exercise of making the list will be helpful for you in determining some areas of missing information or concern.
3. Bring tools for taking notes. How many times has each one of us figured we would remember something, then realized we could not recall key information after all?
4. Provide photos to assist in discussions with the doctor. It is especially helpful in the case of breast augmentation for your plastic surgeon to see what kind of results you have in mind. And if you’re aiming for a rejuvenation procedure such as a facelift, bringing a photo of you in younger days could be useful.
5. Bring a friend or loved one. It is understandable if you want to keep your plastic surgery private, but if you’re sharing the experience with a husband, mother or friend, bring them to your consultation. The objective view of a loved one can be very valuable.
If you’re considering a cosmetic procedure, you might start by browsing our photo gallery to see what we can accomplish for patients who elect plastic surgery in New York with us. Then call us to arrange a consultation at 212-570-6080.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.